If you require urgent medical assistance which cannot wait until the surgery re-opens, please call 111. Calls to NHS 111 service are free from both landline and mobile phones.
Bristol Walk-in Centres
NHS Walk-in Centres offer fast and convenient access to a range of NHS services, including health information, advice and treatment for a range of minor illnesses (coughs, colds, infections) and minor injuries (strains, sprains, cuts). They are open from early morning to late evening, seven days a week. The centres are run by experienced NHS nurses, and you don’t need to make an appointment. They are improving the way in which thousands of patients get immediate treatment for troublesome minor health problems or injuries.
Bristol Walk-in Centre
Boots, 59 Broadmead
Telephone: 0117 9549828
- Monday-Saturday 8am to 8pm
- Sunday and bank holidays (except Easter Sunday and Christmas Day) 11am – 5pm
The walk in service to see a nurse are available from 8am – 4pm, Monday – Friday. After 4pm you will be offered an appointment. Appointments are available from 6pm and need to be booked in person at the Walk-in Centre.
The walk in service to see a nurse is available until 6.30pm on Saturdays and 3.30pm in Sundays.
South Bristol Walk-in Centre
Knowle West Health Park
Tel: 0117 903 0000
Fax: 0117 903 0004
- Monday-Saturday 9am to 9pm
- Sundays & Bank Holidays 9am to 9pm
(Just replace the first sections with the name of the person you would like to contact.)
Please note that the Dental Access Service is still based at 33 Broad Street, Bristol, BS1 2EZ Tel: 0117 906 9612
Minor Illness and Injuries Units
The Minor Injuries Units can treat a whole range of minor illnesses and injuries including broken bones, stitching wounds, minor burns, scolds etc. so are a good alternative to visiting A&E .
- Yate Minor Injury Unit at The West Gate Centre, Yate Shopping Centre, 21 West Walk, Yate, BS37 4AX Tel: 01454 315355. Open 8:30-19:30 Monday to Friday and 10:00-14:00 weekends. Drop in service for minor injuries with x-ray access. Patients do not need an appointment.
- Southmead Minor Injury Unit is based at Southmead Hospital, Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol, BS10 5ND Tel: 0117 323 5100 Open 9:00-21:00 7 days a week Drop in service for minor injuries with x-ray access. Patients do not need an appointment.
- Thornbury Minor Injury Service at Thornbury Health Centre or St Mary Street Surgery Open during week day surgery hours 08:00 – 18:30
- Orchard Medical Centre, Macdonald Walk, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 8NJ Tel: 0117 980 5100, Fax: 0117 980 5104 Offers an appointment based minor illness and injury service for non-registered patients with urgent primary care needs from 8:00-20:00, 7 days a week. The service does not have on site x-ray facilities.