If you are registered with our GP surgery, you can access some health services online. This means you can do some tasks when it is better for you and avoid telephoning the practice.
To help manage online requests from patients, we use eConsult.
This is an online form where you can tell us what you need help with by answering a few simple questions. You can use eConsult to contact us about a health query or concern, or to ask for help with an administration query related to your health. If you already have your NHS Login, you will be able to log in to eConsult using that. If not, you can register through the link below.
eConsult is a way to access your GP practice Online but like all appointments there are a limited number per day. Once these appointments are filled eConsult will be closed until the next day.
Patient Access allows patients or someone acting on behalf of the patient to proactively manage their care. The online services available include the ability to view an online Electronic Medical Record (EMR) as well as booking appointments and managing medication.
How to register for Online Services
If you have not used our online services before you will need to:
- Contact the surgery by phone or in person
- Verify your identity
- Secure a username and password
- Enter Patient Access and enter your registration details exactly as shown on the form.
- After registering, log on with your username and password.
Non-urgent advice: Please note
If you have already registered for Patient Access and now wish to have enhanced access (the ability to view your medical record) then please speak to a member of our Reception team.
You will be required to re-submit your identification documents and complete an application form.
You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record and more.
What the NHS App does
- get advice about coronavirus – get information about coronavirus and find out what to do if you think you have it.
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments.
- check your symptoms – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you.
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision.
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
- view parts of your GP record – including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results.
If you’re a patient at our practice you can use the new NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices
How do I register for online services?
- Visit – https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-app/
- Download the app on your smart phone device
- Create your account
The NHS App is available now on iOS and Android. To use it you must be aged 13 and over and registered with a GP surgery in England.
You can also access NHS App services from the browser on your desktop or laptop computer.