There have been numerous cases of Flu-like illness’ recently, we are advising those with the below symptoms to not attend the surgery, unless you are at risk of complications (see list below).
You can often treat the flu without seeing your GP and should begin to feel better in about a week.
Check if you have flu:
Flu symptoms can come on very quickly and can include:
- A sudden fever
- Aching body
- Feeling tired or exhausted
- Dry chesty cough
- Sore throat
- Difficulty sleeping
- Loss of appetite
- Diarrhoea/tummy pain
- Nausea and sickness
Symptoms are similar for children but can also include ear pain and appear less active.
See your GP if:
- Your symptoms don’t improve after 7 days
- You’re worried about your child’s symptoms
- You’re 65 or over
- You’re pregnant
- You have a long-term medical condition – for example, diabetes or a heart, lung, kidney or neurological disease.
- You have a weakened immune system