If you have circulatory problems and/or coronary heart disease, it is important to attend a yearly review so that we can monitor your health to reduce the risk of you developing complications.
In CHD, the blood vessels called arteries that supply the heart with oxygen and nutrients become narrowed by fatty deposits by a process called atherosclerosis. This causes a restriction in the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart, and causes the symptom of chest pain.
Coronary heart disease cannot be cured but treatment can help manage the symptoms and reduce the chances of problems, such as heart attacks.
We would like to ensure that you receive the best possible care, so the doctors recommend a yearly review to discuss the management of your problem.
At your appointment we will:
- Discuss your symptoms and the impact your symptoms are having on you
- Review your medications, and any side effects that you have
- Check your weight, height and blood pressure
- Address any risk factors for CHD as outlined above, and help you reduce these
- Offer help with stopping smoking if applicable
- Offer you the annual flu vaccine (seasonal)
- Perform a screening test for depression as some patients with CHD develop low moods
When booking for your CHD review you will need 2 appointments. The first will be for a blood test. Please bring an early morning urine sample to this first appointment. Your second appointment will be a week later.
Please telephone reception on 01454 632393 to make these 2 appointments.
For more information about CHD visit NHS.uk.
We look forward to seeing you and helping you to remain healthy.