16th-22nd April 2018
- Type 2 diabetes means the risk of serious health complications and early death.
- For many people Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by making small lifestyle changes.
- You can find out if you’re at risk by visiting www.diabetes.org.uk
- We are promoting an NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme service at the surgery.
- If you are at risk, your GP/Practice Nurse can find out if you are eligible for the NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme(NHS DPP).
- The NHS DPP is a free personalised programme to help you with weight, healthy eating and exercise to help reduce your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.